Bonus: NYG Live from Vancouver, BC!
Yep, we’ve gone international! Our very first live show was a variety hour featuring Katel & Sara at Vancouver’s Design & Content Conference.
So listen up if you want to hear about peeing in a jumpsuit, emailing with Christina Aguilera’s mom, editing footage of crop dusting in Saskatchewan, and rocking a sweet feminist boob necklace. (Uh, you definitely do.)
Plus, this special treat has not just one but two mini-interviews:
- Yesenia Perez-Cruz, a design director at Vox Media and not-so-secret Xtina fan who’s long been one of our favorite speakers
- Tara Codrington, a new presence on stage and a content specialist at the City of Surrey (and now one of our new favorite speakers) with a storied past in “Canadian lifestyle TV”
You’ll also hear live career advice, fuck yeahs from the audience, and a ton more.
Huge thanks to everyone who made this live show possible!
- Steve Fisher and Shannon Fisher at the Republic of Quality
- All the awesome Design & Content Conference staff, volunteers, and attendees
- Craft CMS for sponsoring the party where we held the show
- Lawrence Beamen, whose amazing rendition of “Lean On Me” closed down the show (but sadly couldn’t make it into the recording due to copyright)
This episode was recorded live on July 26, 2018, at the York Theatre in beautiful Vancouver, British Columbia.